Online Learning – Covid19 Information
Today’s EventsNo calendar events today
- Term Ends
25 June 2021
- Term Ends
Author Archives: gbouzio
Please click on the link below to access information and the latest career opportunities for our young people in Edinburgh. You can keep up to date with all the latest information regarding career opportunities in our Pupil Support Leaders section of the Web Site.
The URL for the new Edinburgh Guarantee Opportunities website is www.edinburghguarantee.org
Free or low cost activities and support available during COVID:
Information from CEC about financial supports:
We fully understand Coronavirus has severely affected almost all families within in our Forrester community and many are finding it extremely difficult being at home feeding mouths, and at the same time trying to home school children. If you feel you would like some temporary help with any of the following items mentioned below, please get in touch and we will arrange either a drop off delivery or arrange a meeting point where you can pick up from. This will most likely be St Augustine’s High school, but we are also working very closely with Broomhouse One Stop Shop and other local convenience stores to reduce the need for walking and unnecessary exposure outside.
- Breakfast packs (This will include bagels, cereal, porridge, fruit juice and beans)
- Stationary packs (This will include pens, pencils, rubbers, sharpeners, rulers, paper and colouring pens)
- Comfort packs (This will conclude shampoo, soap, sanitary wear, deodorant and other toiletries)
- Work print outs (Not everyone has access to a digital device suitable for work or may find it hard to operate one. If you have no printer and would like us to provide you with a pack of work, we can arrange a basic pack for S1-3 pupils)
- Digital device (If you have no access to a digital device and have been working on your phone, please can you complete this survey and we will look to provide you with a device in the next few weeks). http://tiny.cc/603aoz
- You would like to speak to someone about your wellbeing, coursing, careers or leaving school, please contact one of the staff below.
Please find attached an update about managing well-being during the crisis from the Foundation of Positive Mental Health:
If students cannot login with the method mentioned in the document above, please also try the following steps:
1.Launch either Chrome or Firefox (or Safari if you are using a Mac / iPad)
2.Login to office365.edin.org with the school username and password.
3.On the same tab or a new one, go to https://www.satchelone.com/login and click on “Sign in with Office365” button.
Alternatively login can be made with the same method on the SMHW app.