Follow us on Twitter:
The department, in line with the school, aim to inspire all young people to become:
- Successful Learners
- Confident Individuals
- Responsible Citizens
- Effective Contributors
through engaging them in the highest quality learning activities that maximise success for all learners.
Forrester High School English Department is committed to provide:
- Highly trained, professional staff, who are aware of the latest developments and practices in education; staff who can deliver the highest standards of learning and teaching and who respect the rights of the child as outlined in the United Nations Charter on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC).
- Staff with leadership roles, who are proactive, collegiate and ambitious to meet the educational needs and rights of every individual, in every classroom.
- A positive, supportive, stimulating, yet challenging environment, where pupils can develop their higher order, critical thinking and problem solving skills, through enjoyment of literacy, literature, culture and language.
- Opportunities for self reflection, collaborative learning, feedback and target setting; supported by parents, pupils and staff.
- Our classrooms are places where both pupils and adults respect each other’s rights – especially articles 28 & 29 of the UNCRC:
- Children have a right to an education. Discipline in schools should respect their human dignity.
- Children should be encouraged to reach the highest level of education they are capable of. Education should develop each child’s personality and talents to the full. It should encourage children to respect their parents and their own and other cultures.
This is the department’s shared vision.