Got 2 Move
Pupils should have a genuine interest in dance/ performing arts and would like to progress to study dance further.
They must be prepared to perform in front on an audience.
This group will be part of our annual Dance show.
Pupils will have to buy suitable clothing and foot wear for the year. Most costumes for shows will be provided.
Pupils will achieve their National Progression Award (NPA) throughout the year.
The course is split into two units:
Pupils will focus on the development and application of appropriate dance skills both in a technique class and through the performance of tutor led dance sequences (Hip-hop, Jazz and contemporary)
- Pupils will take part and complete 4 outcomes as well as Tutor led workshops + tasks
- Outcome 1- demonstrate choreographic skills
- Outcome 2 – Use stimuli to create movement
- Outcome 3- Identify music and design appropriate to choreographic themes.
- Outcome 4- Analyse a dance piece
This course is an excellent stepping stone for pupils interested in continuing with Dance at National 5 and Higher in senior school.
This course and qualification could lead to
- Dance performer
- Dance teacher/instructor
- Health and Fitness
- Dance management
- Dance movement therapy