Online Learning – Covid19 Information
Today’s EventsNo calendar events today
Tag Archives: virus
The situation regarding Coronavirus continues to change very rapidly and the list of designated risk countries has expanded. The most up to date list is at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
This site has general information for the public and is updated daily.
The risk to people in this country remains low.
Across the UK, some pupils (and staff) may have returned from China or other designated risk areas after half term. Unless from Wuhan or Hubei province, pupils (or staff) who have returned from these designated risk areas and who have no symptoms may attend school as usual.
Any pupil who develops respiratory symptoms including cough, fever or shortness of breath within 14 days of return from one of the designated risk countries should stay at home and seek medical attention by phone with their GP (in hours) or NHS 24 on 111 (out of hours).
NHS Lothian have seen a large number of respiratory outbreaks in nurseries and schools in the past few weeks. These have caused service disruption with staff shortages and many pupils being absent from school/nursery.
Parents can try to stop these respiratory viruses spreading at home – please read the following advice;
Key advice for parents and carers
In the home the risk of catching or spreading flu/cold like illness can be reduced by:
- Regular hand washing with liquid soap and running water
- Covering nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
- Using a disposable paper tissue, disposed off immediately after use
- You can teach your child to sneeze into the ‘crook’ of their arm rather than their hands, if they don’t have a tissue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQINuSTP1jI
- Good general cleaning of surface that everyone touches often e.g. TV remote, light switches, door handles, toilet flushes and tap heads
Children should not return to school until completely well and 48 hours after symptoms have stopped.