Welcome to the Forrester High School Website.
Our website is a good place to start for an introduction to our school and a general overview of the education your child will receive at Forrester. We hope you find it informative and a useful tool for keeping in touch with what is happening across the school. The information you find here, and within our School Handbook, will enable you to support your child as they progress through the school.
At Forrester, we strive to develop as a caring, inclusive Learning Community which meets the diverse needs of all our learners, where all our young people are able to access the highest quality learning and are supported to develop their imagination, awareness and a sense of responsibility. This will enable them to gain the skills, experiences and qualifications they need to achieve success and to play their part in shaping the world for the better.
We want our school to be a great place to learn and a great place to work.
Our school values have been developed in collaboration with students, parents and staff. These are well-matched to the aspirations of our communities and the professional values of our staff. Work on developing our School Values has been led by our Senior Development Officer and these are summarised in the following statement:
Together we …
Respect – Believe – Achieve
At Forrester we aim to:
- Work closely with parents and other partners to achieve the best possible outcomes for all our learners.
- Respect and celebrate diversity and the contribution that all individuals make to the richness of our school community.
- Support our young people to be successful, to set ambitious goals for themselves, and to recognise and achieve their potential.
- Help students build the confidence and skills which will enable them to make a valuable contribution to society and to thrive in their lives beyond school within a competitive, globalised economy.
- Build resilience, self-belief and emotional health and wellbeing.
If you have any questions, or if you would like any further information on any aspect of our website or the education of your child, please do not hesitate to contact the school at the following address.
Stephen Rafferty, Head Teacher